Our family

Our family

Monday, January 10, 2011

A little something to crow about...

So, as most of you may know, I am now an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay. And what an amazing company I am now in! I cannot begin to tell you what it has done for me. My whole life I have been someone with low self confidence and low self esteem. It's just who I was. But that is no longer the case. I am constantly surrounded by women who tell me I can! And no matter what I do (whether I sell something or not), they are there supporting me and cheering (literally) me one every step of the way. When I first entered this company I was afraid that I couldn't do it because I didn't know anything. But I am not alone. If I ever need anything, ANYTHING, there is someone ready and willing to help me. How many people can say that about their jobs? And the great thing is that this isn't even a job! This is my business. Mine! And in my business, I get to help women gain the confidence that they, and I, have lacked. This company is SO much more than makeup. It is about enriching women's lives. And I feel so blessed that I get to be a part of that.
This last weekend I had the opportunity to learn from an amazing woman in my company. Her name is Nina Elliott and she is a Future Executive Senior Director for Mary Kay. I gotta tell you, if you want someone to light a fire under your bum and inspire you, Nina is that someone. I learned SO much and I had a blast! And it was nice to see someone in this company that's like me. Tall, loud, a little crazy (good crazy), loves her food and goes crazy for shoes. I feel blessed to have been able to meet her. And I am determined that we will meet many more times. Because I am going to accomplish great things. Because I can.
And I'm also very blessed to have my Director in my life. Lori Packee is a cheerleader. She's always behind me believing in me every step of the way. And if I'm having a bad day. all I need to do is talk to her, and she inspires my day back up. I truly have been blessed. And I would like to show you pictures of these wonderful ladies. Because they are beautiful and deserve to be shown off. :)
But I also am very excited about my progress. I just signed my first recruit. And she is a gem. I tell ya. I'm looking forward to watching her grow and flourish in this company. Because I know she will. And I've now been bumped up from Consultant to Senior Consultant. YAY!! And another thing I'm very excited about is a prize I recently received. A pink freshwater pearl necklace. I don't ever want to take this thing off! Haha. I received this for "making star". That's when you sell a certain amount of product. There are different star levels, and in my first 6 weeks in the company, I did it!

Me and my wonderful new recruit Melanie.

The oh so beautiful Nina.

The amazing Lori Packee

My pearls...

My pin recognizing me as Senior Consultant.

My pin recognizing me as a Star Consultant.



3 comments:

  1. Way to go Kate! I am proud of you and excited for you. Mary Kay is a terrific business and has awesome products. Go get 'em! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, You have been in Mary Kay longer than I have been in Scentsy, However, you are earning more than I probably will in Jewelry. Well, I get scents.
    You GO Girl. By the way that is a name of a scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I received this for "making star". That's when you sell a certain amount of product."

    Actually, "making star" in Mary Kay is awarded based on wholesale orders, not actual retail sales. Think about it: If an IBCs places a product order that's high enough (1800 and up), she gets her star. MK Corporate does not say "Okay, let's see your sales tickets and see how much you sold, THEN we'll give you the star based on that calculation." Mary Kay does not track retail sales. To put this into perspective, it's like giving Starbucks a trophy for restocking their cups.

    Be careful as you walk this path,as there is much to be careful of. Check out pinktruth.com if you have any questions, concerns, or just curiosities regarding your business. :)

    ReplyDelete