Our family

Our family

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I own my own home!

I got to spend my first nights in my very own home this weekend. I don't even know how to describe this feeling I have. It's mine. All mine. Built by our hands. As I lay in bed that first night, I couldn't help but smile as I stared around the room. We are still sleeping in the living room because the bedroom aren't quite finished. But I don't care. It's beautiful. I can look around and see in my head what it will look like when it's all done. With the crown molding, trim, flooring and everything else. It fill my heart with joy knowing that, as long as I pay my taxes, no one can take this from us. I love watching savannah dance around our living room. As happy as we are that she's in the home her dad has spent so much time building. And now we have more ideas for things we want to do. Like an arctic entry to give more space in the living room. And then next year a garage. Yay! Today I am completely content. Perfectly happy. Filled with joy. What a glorious sunday morning!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family... and can't wait to see pictures as you finish the rooms and decorate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for all of you! I love how I can read such true happyness in all of your posts! We miss you all and send our love!

    ReplyDelete