Our family

Our family

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Craziness!

Oh my goodness it's been hectic. We're making progress on our house. But like all things, we had a bit of a set back. We got all the mudding, taping, texturing and priming done. Yay! And we went in and got everything painted. And it looked so good. And we turned on the kerosene heater, so the paint would dry, and went to the store. While we were gone, the heater malfunctioned and started smoking. Putting a nice layer of soot everywhere! So we spent yesterday washing everything. My arms ache! But last night Nic was able to re-prime, and tomorrow I'll go and start re-painting. I just keep thanking the Lord that the house didn't burn down. Looking for the silver lining. :) It could have been MUCH worse!
But I'm very excited for my colors. I've lived my whole life with white walls, and I told Nic that everything will have a color. I'm tired of white. Unless it's the ceiling. Luckily, Nic agrees with me.
Although he did make fun of my choice for the kitchen. It's called Amethyst Prichon. Purple. He came in while I was painting and said it looked like a little girls playroom. I smacked him and said it is a little girl's playroom. Haha. Our propane stove is supposed to be in this week. This weekend we will finish the bathroom and start on the kitchen. Nic got the water house almost finished. So a little longer and we can move in. We will be sleeping downstairs in the living room for a bit while we finish the upstairs, but that's ok. It's our home. And that's what matters. I'm just excited to get into it. I'm living at my Dad's with the girls and he's staying with his brother. And I'm looking forward to living together again.















4 comments:

  1. Soooo very exciting! Can't wait for a personal tour when I come to town :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Glad everything is okay and can be 'easily' fixed. It's looking good!! I too am excited for a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love color! I'm glad you get to paint all the walls... since I won't be there for a tour anytime soon, I'll count on pictures as you continue settling in. :)

    PS - love the pics of Savannah helping! :

    ReplyDelete