Our family

Our family

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm blessed..

Well today was an interesting day. One I hope not to repeat.
I woke up this morning horribly ill. I was puking, I had diarrhea. I was shaking. My stomach pains were terrible and I developed back pain as well.
And even though I had a horrible day, I learned that I'm blessed.
Nic had to work with a friend today, and obviously I was in no condition to take care of children. So he called his sister and asked her to watch Evelyn. That's blessing #1. I'm so grateful to have a sister in law who is willing to take care of my little girl all day ontop of her own.
Nic left savannah home in hopes that she could help me throughout the day. Now I knew that I had an amazing daughter. But today just proved it even more. She was like a little hovering mother all day. She was always right there bringing me water. She would get me new trash bags after I would puke in one. And at one point I came out of the bathroom to find her washing the kitchen floor. When I asked "why", she turned that beautiful face towards me and said "cause I want to make you feel better". God blessed me with such a wonderful child. Im so grateful for her.
At about 2 today the pain became so severe that I just couldn't do it anymore. So because Nic was where he didn't have service, I called my friend to come take me to the ER. So she came real fast, loaded up me and savannah and drove like a race car driver to the hospital. :) Her husband met us there and the ER wait began. After they took me back , Veronica took savannah to the cafeteria for some food (I hadn't been able to make her lunch). And her husband Jim stayed with me. After they hooked my up to the IV, and gave me some fantastic pain meds, Veronica took savannah to her school (shes a teacher)so she could play and not have to sit in the ER for hours. That's hard to do for a 5 year old. So Jim stayed with me to drive me home.
After sitting there for a few hours, the doc came in and told me I have a gastrointestinal virus. Holy moly! I do not recommend EVER having this! Stay away from anyone that has it! It literally makes your whole stomach and all of your intestines spasm. Sounds like so much fun huh? Yeah... No.
So after being discharged, Jim got me my meds. Ran and got me gaterade (all I can drink other than water for 24hrs). And then took me home. The fire in the wood stove had gone out and Nic still wasn't home, so Jim stayed to make sure I was ok until he got there. Veronica came in with savannah and ended up leaving with her again. They took her to spend the night at her house to help me.
I know this is long and drawn out, but today showed me how blessed I am. I have some wonderful friends/family who are willing to help me when I need it. And not think less of me for crying and writhing in pain.
Everyone needs to be as blessed as I am. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it was fun. Jim is wonderful when someone is sick. He always takes care of me really well. It is one thing he does great in our marriage. (It's not the only thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all had fun with Evelyn here! All 3 of the kids played great. It was so cute of her to fallow me around and tap my leg when she needed something. I Love that little munchkin!!!! Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete