Our family

Our family

Monday, December 6, 2010

I know who I am.

This is probably going to be a bunch of spiritual rambling, but these feelings are so strong inside me that I need to get them out.
"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ, of Latter Day Saints". I sang that song to my primary class today as part of my lesson. And now my heart is full of emotion. The lord restored the church of Christ to the earth for me. For my family. He loves me enough to watch men, women and children suffer so that His church could be on the earth again. So we could feel it's fullness.
It sometimes blows my mind that He, a wonderful, perfect being, could love me. A sinner. An imperfect woman. I am full of so many faults. But I have a Heavenly Father that loves me in spite of that. He's there every second of every day. Wanting to guide me. Wanting to teach me. And all I have to do is listen. The Lord speaks to those who listen. I've missed his guiding light. I wasn't living as I should have been. But then I went to my knees and begged for help. For mercy. For forgiveness. I went before him with a humble heart and a contrite spirit asking for his spirit to be with me again. And he answered me. He told me to forgive those who hurt me. That can be so hard. But I've been commanded to do it. I was told to pay my tithing. And when I gave my envelope to the bishop today after such a long time, my heart felt warm. And I knew that he was pleased. I can feel His spirit all around me now. In my home.I am comforted to know that I am where I need to be. I weep for those who do not have that. For it is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment